15th Pennsylvania Cavalry
The Anderson Troop was raised in the fall of 1861, at the suggestion of William J. Palmer, as an independent company of cavalry to act as a personal escort for Brigadier General Robert Anderson, of Fort Sumter fame, when he became commander of the Department of the Ohio. It was retained in that capacity by the subsequent commanders of the department until it was mustered out of the service by General Rosecrans in March of 1863. Captain William Palmer, First Lieutenant William Spencer, and Second Lieutenant Thomas Maple made up the original compliment of officers for this unit.
Original Artwork Sold
Watercolor and Gouache on Board
15" x 20"
Year Created 2005